Monday, December 21, 2009

Standing Up

I opened blogger this afternoon intending to write a humorous piece about Bruce's football staff Christmas party, and maybe later I will. But scrolling through the blogs I follow, I came across something I am compelled to share.

Moonrat (an editor at a publishing house) held a contest in which writers entered short essays celebrating the mentors, muses, and monsters that inspired them to write. She has been posting the finalists' essays on her blog for the last three or four days. Today's entry by Merry Monteleone blew me away.

My teacher friends will love this because it's a reminder of the difference we can make. Everyone else will love it because it is a reminder of how standing up for someone else has as profound an effect on you as it does on them.

Please take a moment to click here and be uplifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment