Thursday, November 25, 2010

Stress

I recently asked my Facebook friends to suggest possible blog topics. The last month or so has been particularly stressful, leaving me creatively dry. A few of my friends openly commented, but more messaged or texted me with their ideas. One of the first suggestions I received was to write about the stress that was bogging me down. I liked the idea, but I'm not willing to publicly share all of my life, and I didn't want to write a whiny "poor me" post.

I sometimes start a writing session by playing word association. I'll type a word, usually the topic I'm considering, and then I'll type whatever word jumps into my mind as a result. After a few minutes the random words get in line in my brain, and I'm in business.

This time, the words refused to form neat prosaic lines. I've learned that fighting the words is futile, so I let them have their way. As a writing exercise, it was fun, and I learned some new html code playing with the indentation. Enjoy.

Stress

stress

wears

tears
repress

pain

disdain
less

yields
distress

builds

wins
impress

no one
mess

goes on

spins
guess

ing game
assess

ing blame
redress

abuse

excuse

begins
confess

fears

tears

sins
press

ure eases
duress

releases
bless

new leases

friends
stress

hammering coal

forging soul

diamonds
yes

No comments:

Post a Comment