Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Fence Sitting

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! This is akin to a national holiday in my house, and although this year my family is just hanging with each other, it will still be a party.

Usually, I have no problem deciding which team to support. Last year, I rooted hard for Pittsburgh. You can read about my reasons why here. This year, I'm a bit flummoxed. I like both of these teams.

The Colts have Peyton Manning. I always root for him. He's a smart, decent guy with a wicked sense of humor. I find those three qualities extremely attractive. This SNL skit sealed his place in my heart.



So I want Peyton to win. Here's the thing...I want New Orleans to win too. That city has been through a lot in the last five years. Tell me how you root against this city?



So whoever wins, I'll be happy for them, and my heart will break a little for the other team.

No comments:

Post a Comment