Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hope is a fragile thing...

One should never tempt the gods. Yesterday I was hopeful. Today fate seemed determined to beat it out of me. Grades were due for midterms, and along about 3rd hour I realized I had an Infinite Campus problem. Surprise, Surprise. I tossed poor Landis into the computer lab with 31 kids while I worked the problem. I knew what the problem was, but I couldn't find the right screen to fix it. I'm proficient with the technology in my world, but there is absolutely nothing intuitive about that software. The meeting I sat through during my plan was soul-sucking. Harry Potter's dementors had nothing on this guy. I needed a patronus. Mine would take the shape of a big black cat, stalking in to rip the throat out of anyone who started a sentence with "I'm not trying to make excuses, but..."

Then I picked Connor up from weightlifting, and he was grinning from ear to ear. Seems he earned an invitation to the weightlifting meet this weekend. This is significant because he is an 8th grader, and the coach thinks he can hang with the big boys. He was so proud of himself. I'm proud of him too. He's goal oriented. The coach initially said no, but Connor's work ethic and subsequent progress changed his mind. So rock on, Connor!

When I got home and logged onto my email, my confirmation from the RWA (Romance Writers of America) was there. I'm officially a member. Woo Hoo! Now I can join the KY chapter in Lexington, and go to the meetings. JR Ward is actually a member of the KY chapter. I'll try not to be a geeky fangirl if I meet her, but I'm not making any promises

And last, but certainly not least, American Idol was on tonight after being pre-empted last night. Hope lives, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment