Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Electronic Refrigerator


When my boys were small I posted their artwork on the refrigerator along with photos, magnetic poetry, and various and sundry notes. My grandmother crocheted butterfly magnets when I was a kid, and I still used them to post our treasures. When we moved several years ago, we bought a new side-by-side fridge. It's lovely, and I wouldn't trade it, but the front isn't magnetized. That means no artwork, pics, or strange magnetic poetry messages left by my boys. (We left the beautifully poetic "The cat cracks smelly wind" up for years at the old house.)

It occurred to me when Sean showed me his sketch of Michelangelo's PIETA last night that I had an electronic fridge of sorts. Sean has always been an artist, but he draws in spurts. He goes a while without doing anything, and then draws for hours straight. I'm proud of him. You'll have to imagine the butterfly magnets, but welcome to my electronic fridge.

4 comments:

  1. I love the pieta!! I got to see it when I was in Italy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a very talented young man. Encourage him to keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words. I have no objectivity, but I think he's good. I would love to take him to Italy to see the original. It's my dream vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I love the picture BTW he is very talented.

    ReplyDelete